The California State Senate contemporary art competition is right around the corner and I am looking for submissions.
Each Senator selects a piece of art that reflects the unique qualities of his or her Senate District. The winning entries are displayed from May, 2017 to September, 2018 for all to enjoy.
- Most any type of ORIGINAL art is acceptable. Oil paintings, works on paper, weavings, wall hangings, photographs and sculpture are all acceptable media. Please try to limit the overall size to no larger than 3’ x 5’, as space is limited. No posters or prints - only original pieces.
- The artist must agree to loan their art to the exhibit for approximately 18 months. The Senate Rules Committee will pay for shipping costs to and from the exhibit (NOT packing materials).
- If chosen, the artist will need to supply the artist’s biography, information on the artwork selected and perhaps how it was selected. This information will be used in the exhibit catalog.
- Who can participate? The California State Senate art show is open to all ages. Artists living in the 21st Senate District, who wish to enter the contest, must email a .jpeg image of the art with a short description of the entry. The deadline for submission is March 30, 2017. Please put “California State Senate Art Show Submission” in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Richard Cook at 661-729-6232 or via email at Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you will take advantage of this great opportunity and join in the fun.
– Scott Wilk, Senator SD 21